Nearly 1 million children not in afterschool would likely attend if a program were available in their community.
FAN's Latest News
- Afterschool for All Challenge will be held March 10th, 2015, in Washington DC. This is an opportunity for afterschool stakeholders to meet with congressional members to emphasize the importance of quality out of school time activities and the 21st CCLC program, in particular. Click here for more information on how you can participate.
- Action Alert! The Federal 21st CCLC afterschool program needs your support! The Afterschool Alliance has made it easy for stakeholders to contact their congressional members to voice concerns over the prospect of 21st CCLC being removed from ESEA Reauthorization. To learn more about how you can provide your support, go to the Policy and Action Center.
- Florida Named a Top 10 State for Afterschool! Florida has been recognized for its high quality programming, for targeting student populations with the greatest needs, and for parental satisfaction with the programs in which their children participate. The demand for more programs continues to be strong, though. For more information on the data associated with Florida's afterschool programs, click here.
- Florida After 3PM Fact Sheet: Want to know more about afterschool in Florida? The latest survey data from the Afterschool Alliance gives insightful information on parental satisfaction of afterschool programs in Florida and the benefits to students who regularly participate in afterschool.
- Afterschool STEM Regional Workshop to be held March 7th: FAN's next professional development workshop to increase quality of afterschool STEM activities will be held at the Orlando Science Center. The event will begin at 9am and conclude by 2pm and will be held in partnership with NASA, CPALMS, Palm Beach Literacy Coalition, and Accelerate Learning. For more information on this and other Regional workshops, go to http://www.stem-fan.org/.
- STEM DAY at the Capitol: On April 21st, FAN and the Orlando Science Center will join forces with other partners and head to Tallahassee for the second annual STEM Day at the Capitol! We hope you will consider joining us in the capital city. STEM Day is an opportunity to advocate for the importance of STEM learning in afterschool, facilitate discussion with state legislators, engage them in active participation of hands-on STEM activities, and promote the value of partnerships as a tool to inspire and encourage our youth to pursue STEM careers. Contact Nicholas Shy at email@example.com or Samantha Thorstensen at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how you can be involved.
- Florida's TEDx Afterschool event: FAN is seeking inspiring and motivational speakers to deliver 3-7 minute messages on the power of afterschool programming. FAN is continuing planning for an upcoming TEDx event, which will tentatively be held in the summer of 2015 at the Florida Institute of Technology (Florida Tech) Main Campus. For more information, contact Samantha Thorstensen.
- FAN's Regional Afterschool STEM Hubs: For more information on FAN's STEM Professional Development Resources and opportunities to learn more about infusing STEM into your afterschool programs, visit our website at http://www.stem-fan.org/stem-hubs.html.