Afterschool aged children make up 20% of the state's population.
FAN's Latest News
- The Achievement Gap is Real. New Research shows that Afterschool is a Real Solution linked to Closing the Gap! Highlights of Dr. Deborah Lowe Vandell's research are found in a new informational brochure made available from the Expanded Learning & Afterschool Project.
- FAN Board member and CEO present at the National Conference on Education, February 14th: Mike Lannon and Joe Davis spoke to superintendents on how to strengthen connections between school districts and afterschool providers.
- Quality Afterschool Discussions: Beyond School Hours XVII Conference in Atlanta, GA during February 12th-15th. Florida's 21st FAN board member, Lani Lingo, attending with colleagues and practitioners throughout Florida.
- February 2nd -5th: FAN presented to 25 outstanding principals as part of the Commissioner's Leadership Academy in Tampa, Florida, regarding incorporating quality afterschool into local educational landscapes.
- December - FAN Congratulates Principal Judi Winch for her recognition for outstanding service to students and families through the USTA of Florida. USTA of FL offers fantastic tennis resources and extended learning opportunities for afterschool programs at little to no cost.
- FAN and Bright House Networks celebrated Lights On Afterschool in 2013 with Radio Disney at the Kennedy Space Center. LOA will be held on October 23th, 2014. Start planning early for your event!